Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Long Island Fiber and Fleece Festival!!

I was so excited to visit the Long Island Fleece and Fiber Festival at Hallockville Museum in Riverhead, NY this past weekend!  I got a chance to meet some of my Ravelry friends face to face, saw some really amazing demos and made friends with some alpacas!

(This one on the right is my new best friend.... )

We learned more about:
Spinning
Weaving
Woodworking
Different fibers and where they come from
Shearing
Quilting
and Herding.





All of the vendors were incredible and no to mention, some of the NICEST people I've ever met...Knitting and fiber really does make you a nicer person! Anyway, it was fun :)

 Some notable vendors included:
 Flatland Alpacas
Groovy Hues Fibers
Fiddle Knits
Long Island Livestock Co.
Looliemom Fiber Arts
Not so Shabby Chic
Nuna Knits

...And so many more!

Herding Demo! (please excuse my "Hmmmm" noise).


 





1 comment:

  1. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. Long Island Parks

    ReplyDelete