Tuesday, October 20, 2015

RHINEBECK 2015

Hello all,
It's been quite a while and I'm happy to report the reason is BUSY BUSY BUSY!
My Etsy shop is growing faster ans faster ans I couldn't be happier.
Here are some of the highlights from the past few months:
June 21, 2015: Landed an amazing review by the lovely Stephanie over at Hot Pink Socks blog!
She had some wonderful things to say about me and my yarns! Made me blush. Check it out:
http://hotpinksocksreviews.blogspot.com/2015/06/lambstrings.html
September 22, 2015: I got a nice little featured spot on FibreShare.org's Monster Stash/13 Hand Dyed Halloween Yarns. You can see it here:
https://www.fibreshare.org/monster-stash-13-hand-dyed-halloween-yarns/

So lets talk about RHINEBECK! Yes, I went for the full weekend and it was awesome. So many beautiful hand dyed yarns and products, food, and the most beautiful scenery. I almost didn't come home...I got to spend the whole weekend away with my mother, which we haven't done since I was a kid. It made me realize how much I cherish the wonderfully close relationship we share. She is so supportive and we laughed A LOT! Now, just to be clear, this woman does not knit, crochet, spin, rug hook, nothing...but she enjoyed herself just as much as someone who is obsessed with all these things. Seeing me in my element made her shine, and even though I'm in my 30's, she is most fulfilled when I am at my happiest. THAT is an amazing mother!


We arrived on Friday, got lost, and took a nice relaxing drive through the back roads, surrounded by farmlands, orange trees and mountains of autumn patchwork! Needless to say we missed the fair on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday were were still up for enjoyment.
Every vendor had it's own unique charm and I had to stop myself from spending all the rent money ;)

Of course, then Miss Babs almost ruined me for life...
Her line for purchase was INSANE. The wait was an hour, and you know what?...I waited. I'm crazy, but not so crazy as to pass up this opportunity! I figured a great way to celebrate making it out of her booth without any black eyes or broken ribs, was to reward myself with some of her yarns.
We made friends with some lovely ladies on line and had a nice chat with Miss Babs herself about annoying customers and it was all worth it in the end.

I even spotted Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee, the Yarn Harlot! I felt so starstruck.

I wish I took more photos, but with all the excitement, I wasn't even thinking about it!! 


Just as I started to think, "I'll never leave," it started snowing...that's right, in OCTOBER. We don't have this here on LI very often...so it was time to leave.

The whole experience left me feeling super excited to get home an start dyeing yarn right away! I'm feeling inspired and ready to up my game, so here we go!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment